1. “The Importance of Scripture,” Dr. Carl R. Trueman
2. “The Inspiration of Scripture,” Dr. Carl R. Trueman
3. “The Clarity of Scripture,” Dr. Carl R. Trueman
4. “Sufficient, Certain, and Infallible: The Inscripturated Word,” Dr. James M. Renihan
5. “Getting the Garden Right: From Hermeneutics to the Covenant of Works,” Dr. Richard C. Barcellos
6. “The Reading of Scripture,” Dr. Carl R. Trueman
There also will be one Q&A session conducted each evening.
The Catholic Doctrine of Scripture of the Westminster Confession
1. The Importance of Scripture
2. The Inspiration of Scripture
3. The Clarity of Scripture
4. The Reading of Scripture
SCRBPC extends an invitation to pastors to bring their wives. They can sit it on all the sessions for free. They can even participate in the two conference meals, though we will be asking for a $10 fee for such. Housing is on a first-come, first-serve basis for pastors alone. Hope to see you there!
Some have asked if the conference is restricted to Reformed Baptist pastors. The answer is, “No.” Though it is geared toward them, we allow anyone interested to attend. Here is this year’s schedule and here is the registration page.
Dr. Renihan will be lecturing on chapter 1 of our Confession. His lecture title is “Sufficient, Certain and Infallible: The Inscripturated Word.”
Dr. Barcellos will be lecturing on Hermeneutics and the formulation of the doctrine of the covenant of works. He will discuss some hermeneutical principles of seventeenth-century Federal Theology and how the doctrine of the covenant of works was formulated utilizing those principles.
We are glad to announce that full-conference attendees will share in two complimentary meals together – Argentine BBQ and Tacos. Both meals will be prepared on-site by very competent chefs.
This year’s conference will be held at the Trinity Reformed Baptist Church building in La Mirada, CA. The keynote speaker will be Dr. Carl R. Trueman. The topic is the doctrine of Scripture. Drs. Renihan and Barcellos will be guest speakers. There will be more information given in the next two weeks – i.e., registration information, etc. Stay tuned!